Friday, October 16, 2009

Well...I made the cookies.

Actually, I split the recipe in half and did an experiment: one batch of regular pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and one batch of pumpkin raisin PCP cookies. Equally delicious.

Hmmm...Cakewrecks, anyone? 
Perhaps you can tell the PCP cookies from the traditional ones.

At any rate, I learned several things:
1. I like pumpkin cookies more than I thought I did.
2. It is absolutely impossible for me to make cookies without a) eating the dough and b) eating the cookies. (Mark this as a total PCP diet fail, as I am currently supposed to eat ZERO dinner carbs. Every time I passed the mirror, I lifted up my shirt and gave my budding mini-abs a silent pep talk to help me burn the treats away.)
3. If you have cookies for dinner, and your partner has to get up early the next morning, he will go to bed without you . . . even if you are still high on sugar. There is a small chance you will use this time to make online purchases. Hopefully you will still want them in the morning.

In other news, I got up this morning and blew through my jumps. Almost 1350 straight with very few trips. I didn't even do variations. Hmm . . . a PCP version of Arthur Dimmesdale's self-inflicted torture*? I'd wear a scarlet C on my chest, but I think the upset stomach is punishment enough.

Pumpkin Raisin Cookies
You can find the traditional chocolate chip recipe here, but here's the PCP recipe. We had a couple of friends over, and all the cookies disappeared.

1 c canned pumpkin
2/3 c maple syrup
1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
2 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 vanilla bean
2 c raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients in order. Drop by spoonful on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.

Still . . . until mid-December rolls around, I'll be sticking with these:


*It wasn't actually torture. It was pretty refreshing.


7 comments:

  1. I wonder if the cookies helped your jumps?

    Had to laugh over the sugar-fueled online shopping while your partner sleeps! Too funny. Did you still want your purchases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are the proud owners of four tickets to Carrie Fisher's one-woman show and a 14-16 lb frozen Thanksgiving turkey from a local farm (which I won't eat but hopefully my family will enjoy.) Also, my 8-year-old niece happened to make a well-timed phone call from the west coast asking me to sponsor her in her school fundraising Fun Run...

    Wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, for the record, I feel like I have a hangover. This may be due in part to the other experiment I ran simultaneously—what if I can have as many dried papaya spears in my possession as I could ever hope to want?

    Don't worry, I didn't eat all of them. Just most. And now I never want to see them again. Mission accomplished.

    Dear higher power, please let this be the end of my rebellious streak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great, Mz Emily! We get two more indulgences, so save it for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's good to be back. I have missed ya'll! I haven't experienced the guilty purchases yet, but I can't guarantee immunity. In fact, if I think real hard, I am sure I have done it in the past. eek?

    Cookies look awesome, I do think there is a PCP version to perfect in there.

    Rebellious streak? For realz? heh. That's also what gets you through those jumps. Harness it for good! Bad Ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're hilarious and honest. A good combination. Keep it up, and I'm impressed with anyone who has abs. You're gonna be rock solid by the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily. My name is Sean Anderson. I'm a former PCPer, and I wanted to do this sooner, but I just wanted to wish you luck on your program. You're going to find, even with it's tough days, joining the PCp is one of the best decisions you ever made in your life.

    While I'm not much for raisins in anything, I have to say those pumpkin chocolate chip cookies really look tasty! Pumpkin is one of those foods I've really come to love in my time in Japan. I've had it prepared so many different ways and I've yet to be disappointed. Keep up the good and tasty work!

    ReplyDelete