Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog it out, y'all...

So . . . I was totally going to use this time to pay my bills . . . but instead I just opened up today's e-mail from Patrick in which he mentioned the doomed "PCP Valley" . . . which is due, oh, right about NOW! Hit the nail on the head, why don't ya??

After rejoicing at this morning's much later than usual (6:45 AM!) alarm since Monday is a beloved jumping-only day, my mood went gradually downhill. I was running late, my jumps didn't go that well, and I couldn't concentrate all day. Plus, I sort of resented not being able to eat what I want, when I want. (Keeping in mind that I did choose to do this program.)

I started to wonder about my progress. Why do I still crave sugar? Have I been eating too much fruit and/or agave? Will it be evident in my photos? Oh no! Are Patrick and Chen going to take away my meager fruit servings in the name of fighting sugar belly?

At any rate, I'm much more stoked after getting the week's new diet plan. I can still eat as much veg as I want at dinner (SOUP! It's cold out there, y'all.) And my daytime carb and overall fruit portions are up. Plus . . . more eggs! I'm up to one whole egg and five whites a day now. (I sort of like just carrying around hard-boiled eggs and popping a white into my mouth every so often.)

Here's the scene at my house. Photos taken as a big pot of eggs were boiling on the stove.

Done, done, totally done. I forgot to take empty cartons when I went to pick up our farm share last week, and they multiplied.

Eagerly awaiting the chance to fulfill their destiny

Oh, and then I opened tomorrow's workout and saw that we will be doing the pistol squat, the lawnmower, and the bicycle. Three of my favorite dance moves!

I'm feeling better already . . .


5 comments:

  1. Funny how your fridge shot looks so familiar! Tons of egg cartons, tupperware full of misc. protein and veg., and yogurt containers. I'm sure that somewhere out of frame is a fruit drawer that's packed to the lid.

    Hear you on the "valley", sister. I guess this is the point that we just keep slogging through. Speaking of which, workout calls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "PCP Valley" will always be there. Some days you won't ever see it and those times are the best, but then you'll encounter a day when it's siren song just beckons you. Yes, it even happens to those of us who are nearing the end. Just grit your teeth, put your head down, and pull forward. It won't be forever and when you get through it you'll wonder what the big deal was.

    You're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys!

    Haha, Shelly—right on the money: apples, plums, passionfruit, pomegranate....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! Look at those guns and fabdominals you're sporting in the new photos!

    The only valley you're in is between two big ol' biceps! : ) Go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are egg machines! Eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs... Patrick needs to add a disco Austin Powers exercise. That is my dance move!

    ReplyDelete