Friday, November 20, 2009

The One Where I Confess to Having Been a Little Grumpy

. . . and rejoice that it finally went away!

Lately I've been staying up later than PCP-usual, and this week I haven't had any downtime. My diet's most recent incarnation threw me for a loop because it's more food than I've been used to planning for (fish for breakfast?) AND I felt like my body was going into reverse—not at all aided by the fact that smaller boobies make my waist appear larger. (Although my arms look good. Sizzle.)

Then today I woke up and voila! Belly fat was starting to go away! Better mood! (Perhaps this had something to do with my not eating handfuls of grapes after I had already had my allotted 180 g of nighttime fruit while Pacato yelled "weigh it!" from the other room. At least one of us is trying to make sure I follow the rules.)

Though . . . I am a little disturbed that the height of my mood is dictated by the size of my belly. Minus one point for feminism. Plus one for my therapist. There, I shared my feelings.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Great post Emily, I read it out loud to my boyfriend who laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! D knows all too well that bloaty = grumpy for me. So goes the curse of being female, I guess.

    Glad to hear you're on an upswing 'cause you're looking all kinds of fabulous in your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, everytime I've noticed a large belly on me or a PCPer, the following week they have amazing progress. It's a mystery to me but watch it happen to you too.

    ReplyDelete