Saturday, November 28, 2009

Intermission

Well . . . the family is gone. You know, I used to think PCP was intense, but I don't think anything tops several days of family time, especially when combined with a holiday. I still don't know how those of you out there with kids do it. My visitors were in the mid-50-to-60-year-old range, and they wore me out!

I'm feeling a little burned out on routines, but now that I've finished the day's strength exercises and eaten some lunch, I wanted to pop in and share this episode of Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie. Denise touched on supporting local producers in one of her posts, which is also something we are big on doing at my house. I especially enjoyed the last half of the episode because it focuses on Hardwick, Vermont—a small town that has created a sustainable food infrastructure.

And while you guys watch that, I'm going to go take a nap. . . .

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on being able to take a breather Emily. Visitors are great, for awhile. Whew, glad you get a day or two of your own.

    Thanks for posting the video. I am sure going to miss Gourmet magazine, but we totally were trying to figure out how to take a vacation trip to Hardwick. What a wonderfully complete cycle. I am so impressed with them. We have found a few more markets here in town we support, but haven't found the complete solution yet. I hope we can continue to grow and buy local as more people support farmers and agriculture.

    Umm... your abs pretty much look like Demi. You know that right? Except, wow, you are in even better shape I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jonti! I think I may have, uh, undone some of that hard work over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take 1000 v-sits over an afternoon with distant relatives any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Them fabdominals will bounce back, no worries. Looking amazing, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. Just watched the Diary of a Foodie episode while eating my (enormous!) breakfast. Thanks for posting that -- the piece on Hardwick completely cheered me up.

    ReplyDelete