Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ahh...sweet indulgence...

The indulgences are here! The indulgences are here!

The best part of this indulgence was the timing. I was so tired when I got home last night. It was the perfect night for takeout hummus and home-baked cookies. The only thing missing was a glass of wine.

I mean, technically, I jumped the gun. The call to indulge was issued for today, not last night. But I realized when I cubed a perfectly good slice of butternut squash and threw the pieces directly into the compost instead of the steamer that I had no business in the kitchen.

I even got all grumpy when the large(!) order of hummus arrived with only one(!) pita. I mean, how's a girl supposed to eat her face off with only one pita?

It's turns out, she's not. The hummus was so salty! There was a day when I could eat all the hummus and all the pita and all the extra pita, but that day is gone. Who am I?


Oh, but the cookies . . . gentle baking bliss. They were good. I'm not going to lie. I ate enough dough to make myself sick. But not too sick to try a peanut butter cup cookie. Yum!


Aside from the giant rock in my stomach, the bloating, the gas, the not being able to sleep, and the thirst when I woke up, this morning I looked like I had added an extra layer of fat to my belly. So, that's nice. 

Still . . . long live cookies! I'll just eat the dough sparingly next time.

And now back to our regularly scheduled salt-free, oil-free, sugar-free programming . . .


3 comments:

  1. You've been eating like a human was designed to eat for the past 50 days. No surprise that the salty sweetness messed you up for a while. That fat on your stomach will disappear in a day or two. People don't believe us when we say we can SEE the cookie on our stomach, but I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! I love hummous! I've forgotten what it tastes like.before the PCP I could also easily eat a whole tub with some nice soft pitta bread in one go! But yes, hummous is salty. Those cookies look SO nice. I haven't decided what to have for my indungence yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow. Brave soul to try the salty hummus! I love it, and the olives that usually accompany it, but I think they might kill me at this point.

    ReplyDelete