Tuesday, December 8, 2009

PC-PMS and a Case of Senioritis

Dude, I totally have senioritis. Not like, wow-I'm totally-as-buff-as-I-need-to-be-senioritis . . . but like, I-can't-wait-till-I-finally-graduate-from-this-place-and-can-really-be-myself-at-college senioritis. Like, I-should-be-studying-but-instead-I-just-ate-some-cookie-dough senioritis. (Immediate stomachache, btw.)


I should take a page from my freshman year Econ 10 class with one of the toughest teachers on campus. It was the only class in four years for which I read the textbook cover to cover. (If this was a blog about bad study habits, we could go on and on. Anyone remember Surge?) Economics (math, really) doesn't come naturally to me. I am an entirely intuition-based operation. The only way I stood a chance in that class was to seriously apply myself. I made a B minus. Worth more than all the higher grades in other classes.

Unfortunately, I have a simultaneous bout of PMS. And . . . I think one more week is all my body—and my relationship—can take with this noxious gas. Is that just me? Am I doing something wrong? It's the eggs. It HAS to be the eggs.

5 comments:

  1. HIlarious (and true)!

    I'm fairly certain the eggs are the culprit. Though, I've also found that fruit on a moderately full tummy (like when meal timing runs late and you're trying to get in all the snacks) can make for mad gas attacks. Thankful to be working solo these last few weeks!

    With you on the senioritus, too. Good news, only 5 days to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally blaming my senioritis on our bad weather. But, seeing the intimidating last week workouts does have me a bit fired up. Like...back to my beginnings of. Bring IT! So, looks like we are off to the gym tonight to attack the last week. Still feels kinda cool to carve out our corner of the gym (the grand 3x6 space without machines) and do most of our workout.

    I am just chalking the extra gaseousness (new word) to this whole organic sustainable living. New power fuel? Kidding. But, my puffy tummy seems to happen after ANY type of sugar except agave nectar. Eggs? I seem to be weathering them just fine.

    Okay ladies, let's declare DAY 91 official senior skip day and look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely the eggs.

    Only a few days more to go! You can do it stronger than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not just the eggs, everyone blames the eggs. It's mostly the vegetables and sometimes the eggs, depending on your body's chemistry. And the milk can do it too. You can identify the different sources based on the smell! Gross but true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww, that is gross! I eliminated the milk problem many, many moons ago. It must be the eggs. :-)

    Thanks, y'all! Glad I'm not alone here in stinkville.

    ReplyDelete